What will you learn?
This lesson on Sexually Transmitted Infections teaches students how easily potentially harmful microbes can transfer to the person you care about without either of you knowing.
- A chemical experiment to see how many people can be infected unknowingly by unprotected sexual intercourse (exchange of body fluid) and how we can prevent this from happening.
- A comic strip where two characters make some good and bad decisions, allowing students to discuss just how wise these decisions are and how relevant they are to them.
- Understand that infection can be spread easily through sexual contact.
- Understand what they can do to protect themselves against STIs.
- Understand that non-barrier forms of birth control do not protect against STI.
- Know that not everyone with an STI has symptoms.
- Clean test tubes
- Test tube rack
- Cling film or cotton balls
- Science: Working Scientifically, Experimental skills and investigations, Analysis and evaluation
- RSHE: Health & Prevention, Intimate and sexual relationships, Including sexual health
- GCSE: Health and social care