What will you learn?
Microbial infections are found across the world. "Harmful Microbes" introduces students to the variety of infectious diseases across the globe caused by harmful microbes. Students learn that it is not always easy to identify and treat a disease.
- Students are required to act as scientists and group a range of diseases under different headings to address the range of problems which may arise.
- Students research either side of the following conundrum 'are we too clean or not clean enough?' and have a classroom debate on the issue.
- Understand that some microbes can make us ill and cause infection.
- Understand that harmful microbes can be spread from person to person.
- Understand that different infections cause different symptoms.
- Understand how global travel has influenced the spread of disease.
- A Print out of Student Handout 1, 2 and 3 per group
- A Print out of Student Worksheet 1 per group
- Science: Working Scientifically, Experimental skills and investigations, Analysis and evaluation, Nutrition and digestion, Biology
- English: Spoken English
- RSHE: Health & Prevention