What will you learn
In this lesson, students will apply their knowledge of good food hygiene and safety practices throughout the user journey. The main activity follows John and his mother preparing food for a dinner party.
- Working in pairs, small groups or as a class to investigate the cause of an outbreak of foodborne illness at a dinner party.
- To identify harmful microbes that are commonly found in food
- To identify conditions that promote the growth of harmful microbes and how to prevent this
- To understand how to safely transport, store and prepare food
- To understand risks and consequences of food poisoning
- Printed student worksheets
- KS3: RSHE: Health and prevention.
- KS4: Food preparation and nutrition GCSE: Cooking and food preparation - The scientific principles underlying the preparation and cooking of food.