What will you learn:
In this lesson, students will apply their knowledge of good food hygiene and safety practices throughout the user journey. The main activity follows John and his mother preparing food for a dinner party.
- Working in pairs, small groups or as a class to investigate the cause of an outbreak of foodborne illness at a dinner party.
- To identify harmful microbes that are commonly found in food
- To identify conditions that promote the growth of harmful microbes and how to prevent this
- To understand how to safely transport, store and prepare food
- To understand risks and consequences of food poisoning
- Printed student worksheets
- KS3: RSHE: Health and prevention.
- KS4: Food preparation and nutrition GCSE: Cooking and food preparation - The scientific principles underlying the preparation and cooking of food.