What will you learn:
In this section students observe on a large scale how far germs are carried when they sneeze, and learn that covering your mouth with a tissue, or your sleeve (not your hand) can prevent the spread of infection.
- "Super sneeze" experiment where students observe how far germs in a sneeze can spread and how to stop the germs from a sneeze spreading.
- Observation sheets that allow for the development of action plans based on the findings.
- Learn that infection can spread through coughs and sneezes.
- Understand that covering your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze helps prevent the spread of infection.
- Understand that coughing and sneezing in your hand can still spread infection.
- Two tables to create a 'runway'
- Three pump action spray bottles
- Measuring tape
- Science: Working Scientifically, Living things and their habitats
- English: Reading & Comprehension
- RSHE: Health & Prevention
- Mathematics: Comparing measurements