What will you learn?
This lesson on Oral Hygiene explores how to prevent dental caries (tooth decay) by demonstrating the importance of limiting sugar intake and brushing teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
- Health diet diaries that facilitate learning on how "sugar attacks" are affecting students' teeth.
- A sugary drinks exercise where students measure and compare the amount of sugar in beverages they commonly consume.
- A "Brushing diary" exercise that facilitate discussion around a tooth brushing as well as other messages around successful oral hygiene.
- Understand what dental plaque is and how it forms.
- Understand which foods and drinks cause tooth decay.
- Understand the consequences of tooth decay.
- Understand how to brush teeth effectively.
- Understand that limiting sugary foods & drinks can reduce tooth decay.
- Empty Drinks Bottles
- Tea Spoon
- Self-Sealing Bag
- Colouring Pens
- Blue and red stickers
- Science: Working Scientifically, Living things and their habitats, Animals including humans
- English: Reading & Comprehension
- RSHE: Health & Prevention
- Mathematics: Measurement