What will you learn:
This lesson provides a detailed presentation and animations showing how the body fights harmful microbes on a daily basis. This section provides the basic knowledge requirements for both 'Vaccination' and 'Antibiotic Use and Medicine' lessons.
- A detailed presentation and animations illustrating how the body fights infection daily.
- Illustrated information sheet for pupils that explains the lines of defence in their immune system.
- Understand that the human body has many natural defences to fight infection.
- Understand that sometimes the body needs help to fight infection.
- Understand that our bodies have 3 main lines of natural defences.
- A print out of Student worksheet 1 for each student
- Science: Working Scientifically, Living things and their habitats, Animals including humans
- English: Reading & Comprehension
- RSHE: Health & Prevention