What will you learn?
This lesson is based on student discussion. Students are exposed to a range of scenarios in Amy and Harry's school day. Students discuss the various comments made throughout the cartoon and decide whether or not they agree.
- Comic strip scenarios that expose students to a range of choices two children make related to the spread of illness and antibiotic use.
- Discussion point tool at teacher can use to lead a class discussion around each scenario, helping students decide whether they agree or disagree with the statements being made.
- "Word mix up!" game sheet that can be used to match medical terms to a definition.
- Understand that most common infections get better on their own through time, bed rest, liquid intake and healthy living.
- Understand that if antibiotics are taken, it is important to finish the course.
- Understand that antibiotics treat bacterial infections only.
- Understand that they should not share antibiotics or other medicines that are prescribed by a doctor.
- A print out of Student Handout 1 and 2 for each student
- Science: Working Scientifically, Living things and their habitats, Animals including humans
- English: Reading & Comprehension
- RSHE: Health & Prevention