In this lesson, students will explore the importance of food labels, including the difference between "best before" and "use by". This lesson will also touch upon the growing concern of food waste and what we can do to reduce our waste.
- To understand types of food labels and why these are important
- To understand the difference between food safety and food quality
- To understand how to store and use different types of food
- To understand consequences of not following food labels properly
- An interactive quiz on food quality and safety
- Making a pie chart to display data from a class vote
- Answering questions on EU data
- Videos on food date labels and food waste
- Supporting worksheets
- KS3: RSHE:
- Health and prevention.
- KS4: Food preparation and nutrition GCSE:
- Cooking and food preparation - The scientific principles underlying the preparation and cooking of food.